Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A little like the first day of school...

Well, here goes. My first official post into the land of blog. It does feel a little like the first day of school. Will anyone talk to me? What if no one likes me? What if I have to eat lunch alone, everyday? Will I have any friends? What if I don't look like the rest of the girls? Ah...some days feel just like Jr High, don't they? What is it about us, our insecurities, no matter how many times I grab them around the neck and put them down for the count...they have a way of sneaking back up and reminding us that there are still days when we are not so sure who we are, or if we matter. But it is in those moments that I can take a deep breath and know that there is One who knows me fully, and He adores me. I'll let Him tell me who I am.

Hello to all, I'm so glad you stopped by. If you were here, I'd offer you some coffee or a glass of sweet tea...and a slice of banana bread, just baked. Welcome.

I'm new to this....but I believe a picture is often in order, regardless of the post. Hmmm...how about this one. My youngest...deep into play...not worrying what anyone else is doing. The peace of childhood play.

2 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It was so nice getting your comment on my blog today. Thanks for stopping by.

Tim and Aaron filled me in on some of the reunion highlights. Sounds like it was a great time. Our pitiful class ('85) hasn't had one since our 10-year reunion. I'd love to see everyone again. We need to get our act together. -Julia :-)

sara said...

OK, where is the banana bread?!?! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I like the thought of a wall painted in a child's room with chalkboard paint- very fun!

Well, hope you have fun with blogging- I know it is a stress reliever for me- and a good alternative to tv :)