Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where have you been lately?

So that should be an easy question...but when I look back at my last entry date too much time has passed for a simple answer.

Homeschooling was one of the best experiences of my life. I only wish I had chosen to do it earlier. With one entering Jr High, we had to make some decisions. We wanted her to have all of the typical school experiences...but are highly cautious about the academics and the social exposures. We have been fortunate enough to find a school that we all love. That is probably the biggest change since I last wrote...

But beyond the obvious...what have I been up to lately? How about fighting with all my might to cut loose from the same issues that have hung over my head all of my life. I can't say they are as glamorous as something that may make the headlines, or give one cause to write a book. But it's those little things that hold us back, those things we tell ourselves make us inadequate and not likely to achieve anything substantial. That annoying little - peck, peck, peck - of self talk that weighs down the soul. Those are the things I'd like to shed...peel them off and leave them behind.

But where to begin...the root of what I know to be true.

Perhaps I'll ponder these things a little more often...not wait another 14 months to write!

No comments: